Friday 19 April 2013

L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash V YSL Glossy Stains

Hi there in my February favourites I said that I had been loving the new L'Oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash and I said I would do a review and comparison with YSL Glossy Stains so here it is (Not that you cannot guess that from the title)
I have had the YSL since July last year and I have been in LOVE with it but when I heard that L'Oreal was bringing out something similar and the word dupe was being thrown around I knew I had to get in there. I mean L'Oreal does own YSL so it does make you wonder and I do love a good dupe, who doesn't?

PACKAGING
I prefer the YSL packaging but I mean come on it is only packaging does it really matter that much. The only thing about the L'Oreal packaging is that the wand is at the bottom, it might just be me being simple but it caught be off guard a bit.


Both are sponge applicators which are spoon shaped which is great for application, I still usually use a lip brush for a more precise application (Otherwise I can get in to a little bit of a mess

SHADES  
The downside of the L'Oreal ones is there is not that many shade and some of the shades that are out are a little dodge but I am sure they will bring out more shades as time goes by. 
I have 1 YSL shade and 3 L'Oreal as they were 3 for 2 
L-R YSL No.9 Rouge Laque, L'Oreal Juliet, L'Oreal Milady, L'Oreal Lolita
(Swatches after left for 5 minuets and then wiped off)
L-R YSL No.9 Rouge Laque, L'Oreal Juliet, L'Oreal Milady, L'Oreal Lolita

YSL ROUGE LAQUE is a bright warm toned red

JULIET is a pink red that is more on the warmer side

MILADY is a pink plum colour


LOLITA is a natural nude 

APPLICATION
They both have the same formulation that feels like gel when first applied and after a few coats they get a very glossy finish. The YSL need about 2-3 coats whereas the L'Oreal one are not as thick or opaque and need 4-5 coats to get an opaque finish.

WEAR 
They both last amazingly, around 4-5 hours before needing to be topped up and that was whist eating and drinking.

PRICE 
YSL is £23.50 and L'Oreal is £7.99 so defiantly a massive difference for something so similar.

SMELL
The smell of the YSL is something I hear everyone talking about and it putting alot of people off and I am afraid to say the L'Oreal are worse there is a artificial berry smell that could be hard to get pasted for some but smells do not bother me to much so it is fine with me.

CONCLUSION
I am very pleased with both of these and love them both they are both so similar that it is defiantly not worth paying four times as much for the YSL unless you are looking for a luxury item. The YSL goes on more smoothly and is more opaque but it doesn't justify the price difference. The would buy another YSL if there was a shade that I liked that L'Oreal didn't have similar. Both are such good products and they both get two thumbs up from me :)

Have your tried either of these? What did you think?
KayleyJane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...