Friday 14 June 2013

I Heart Drugstore Makeup Tag

I have been reading and watching this tag alot because even though I LOVE my high end products I am also a huge fan of drugstore/highstreet products. I mean who doesn't love a good drugstore dupe :).. I use high end makeup but totally believe you can get products that are just as good and sometimes better at the drugstore.
I haven't been tagged to do this but just really wanted to do it so I thought I would just throw out the rule book and do it anyway (Ohh I am such a rebel!)

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?
At the moment I think it is Rimmel. They have been bringing out some really good products at the moment. They are definitely on there game.
2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
Cheek
Natural Collection blushes in Peach Melba and Pink Cloud. I love these blushes they have good pigmentation and last all day and for £1.99 you can not complain.
Face
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. It is an high coverage concealer and it is definitely one of the best concealers I have tried, and I have tried alot. It is high coverage without being cakey and even goes light enough for me to use which is rare for a drugstore product.
Lip 
This changes all the time as I think that the drugstore do some of the best lip product especially Rimmel and Revlon but at the moment my favourite is the Loreal Glamshine Stain Splash, they are such good dupes for the YSL Glamshines (You can read my compairson HERE).
3. Least favorite product?
For me my least favourite products are drugstore foundation, It is only because they do not go light enough for me which is so annoying because there are some really good foundations but they just look too orange on me, If anyone does know of a foundation that goes super light and is good PLEASE let me know I would love to find one.
4. What is the best makeup bargain? 
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is such a baragin at £3.99 and is one of the best powders I have ever used.
5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
I think my underdog product would be the 2true Cheek and Lip Stain. People may have talked about this product and I just haven't seen it but I love it. I am sure we all know what a stain is so I don't need to go in to details but it lasts all day, It goes over foundation smoothly and is a bargain at £1.99.
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
Max factor false lash effect mascara, It is a good mascara but at £10.99 it is not far off the price of a high end mascara.
7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
I have a lot of dupes that are hyped up in the beauty community so as everyone knows about them there is not much point mentioning them, like the MUA undress me pallette and Maybelline colour tattoos but one that I do have that is not mentioned a lot (I think) is the Technic Nail Polish in Carnival is a dupe for OPI Rainbow Collection.
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
For me personally I don't get the hype with the maybelline dream lumi touch but that is probably because it does not go light enough for me to get the desired effect.

(Sorry there is not pictures my stupid camera decided to break on me)

I TAG ALL OF YOU
Have you done the I Heart Drugstore Makeup Tag, if so let me know I would love to read it
KayleyJane x


12 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    I really love drugstore products as well. They're usually not as bad as what people think (actually overall pretty good!). And the prices make it sooo worth it! I've been using the Revlon Colorstay Foundation and just love it!
    If you ever want to find other foundations you could use, check out http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation. It's a great website that helps you find the right foundation for your skin type and shade :).

    Hope you like it as much as I do :)

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried no7 foundation. I am super super pale, as I have red hair, and I had the same trouble with not finding light enough foundation, but no7 have loads of shades, so i recently swapped to them :) xx

    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel is awesome and drugstore nail varnishes are my complete weakness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS TAG IS PRETTY COOL :)
    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/08/summer-fav-with-sheinside.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you now! Great blog. Hope you follow back too :D
    xx
    Red Alice

    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just followed your blog and I'm so glad I did! Thanks for doing the tag. U definitely have some products to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with you, Rimmel are really on the ball, liking their products a lot :) Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you'll know which is right for you.
    jeux jeux

    ReplyDelete
  9. While we all love trends, no wardrobe is complete without the essentials. They’re the items that you turn to in order to create almost every outfit. From the simple white tshirt to the classic maxi dress, they are the pieces that every summer closet requires

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great! The collection is full of wearable, classic shapes with a modern twist and are made from the finest silks in unique bold prints. Get 10% off when you sign up. Please click on modern british womenswear.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...